Congregation = God's family, who meet, cheers on each other and shares their faith in Jesus.
All who believed were together and had all things in common. Acts 2:44. Praising God, and had favor with all the people. And daily the Lord added those who were saved to the church. Acts 2:47
Now that you have accepted Jesus, it is important that you find a good spiritual family. As believers, we are called to stand together and to live life together. This happens in a spiritual community, where you are allowed to stand together with brothers and sisters in the Lord. As believers, you are not called to be alone. You now have many brothers and sisters in the Lord. God Himself has appointed community for it to be edifying, so we should have a sense of belonging.
What is a congregation - A congregation is a spiritual community where you stand together in faith. A congregation may have a variety of forms; it consists mainly of a community where faith in Jesus is central.
For many organized churches it is common to meet on Sundays, often at. 11 Am or at 5 pm to celebrate the faith together. Other congregations meet in ones home together to strengthen one another in faith.
The church is God's body on earth in the form of a community. A congregation usually consists of a pastor and a group of people. In the church there is additionally inserted evangelists, prophets and apostles, but it is not always that we find other ministries.
The church is God's ministry on earth. Church is community. There are several different types of communities, for example. Fellowships, where gathered in homes. There are small churches and larger churches.
And He put all things under His feet, and gave him to the church as head over all things, the church which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1:22
Why attend a church?
One of the main points of a congregation is that it should be a family. That it will be a home where you can get together, learn about God, seek the Lord together and spend time with Him.
We just quite simply need a fellowship and each other's company; if we are too much by our self, we become weak and an easy target for the enemy. We need each other. We need teachers, pastors, evangelists, apostles and prophets that can help us to walk deeper with God. When we stand together we are much stronger than if we are alone.
I (Daniel) recommend everyone to have a family, a spiritual family, where you can share both faith and life with.
What should a healthy and good church look like?
A congregation should have a vision that Jesus is both true God and true man. He by Him self is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Jesus says about himself: I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to my Father but by me. John 14: 6 he that believeth in the son, has everlasting life. John 3:36 I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me shall never hunger. And whoever believes in me shall never ever thirst. John 6:35. That the church practices and believes that the power of God is active today and that the Holy Spirit outpouring is available to anyone who seeks Him.
Allows other gift of ministries be in focus And God set them in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, now graces of healing, so to help, to govern, to speak different tongues. 1: Corinthians 12:28
Otherwise, it is important that the church:
- Practices and believes that the power of God is active today It is also important that they believe that the Holy Spirit outpouring is available to anyone who seeks Him. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. 1 Corinthians 4:21
For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18
In powerful signs and wonders of God's Spirit, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum fully preached the gospel of Christ. Rooms 5:19
- Focuses on the doctrine that God is good and that He is for us. That folks are aware that it is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance. Do not you realize that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? Rom.2: 4
- Is open to that God heals today and they practice healing And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues (...). They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. Mark. 16:18
- Believes in the five gifts of ministries And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; Ephesians
And God set them in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, so to help, to govern, to speak different tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:28
- Are open for and practices The Holy Spirit's gifts (as it stands on in 1 Corinthians. 12
- Believes in baptism of the Spirit For John baptized the water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Acts1: 5
- Allows the five ministries to be in focus And God set them in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, and gifts of healing, so to help, to govern, and to speak different tongues. 1: Corinthians 12:28
There is no rule that says you cannot attend several churches. But I would actually recommend you to attend several churches - As long as you have a community that you can call for "my family".
A church should not be like a movie theater where you just sit and watch. No! A church should be a resource center, where you are trained, equipped and receive spiritual food - a place to grow and become strong in the faith 🙂